Friday, April 1, 2011

Birthdays

I'm 15 now. I've been 15 since March 8, 2011. It feels good I guess. I got my driver's permit. So why do i feel like I'm too old. Time really does fly. People say, "Oh! You've grown up so fast!" I have, and so has my sister and brother and parents. So is it really a surprise that I've grown up so fast? Most people do. Or most people think they do because we don't pay enough attention to each other. When do we really look each other in the eyes and have a nice conversation, not just something about needing to stop by the pharmacy later today? When? I know it's been a while for me. Is it really a surprise? I don't think so. I don't expect people to grow up as fast as they do, but I'm not surprised when I think that because when I look back I can only remember how hectic my birthday was and the year leading up to my birthday. I can't remember when someone actually put some thought into their day. I can't remember when I had some peace and quiet, and I didn't have to worry about finishing that paper. Sometimes live gets so hectic that I just give up. Just sometimes though. I think a lot of people do. So is it really a surprise that people think other people grow up too fast? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment