Friday, October 1, 2010

Society


I was looking for a cool picture online when I came across this really cool Alice in Wonderland collage. Everyone knows that when you click a picture on Google! Images it takes you to the site the picture is from, then it takes you to the full sized image. Well, this Alice in Wonderland collage was on what appeared to be somebody's blog. The post was from friday, December 5th, 2003. I started reading it, and it was basically about that person and what seemed to be his/her significant other. As I read farther down, I noticed a shift in subject. It said some things that I believe to be true.

"This is the sick shit that humans allow to go on. We idolize people that do nothing great for our country or society at large, except, rip us off for our money, make us drones to societal ideas that 'you've got to have the image to be cool', they make our children think that popularity is more important than helping others, people in show business are selfish and greedy...nobody needs all that money and fame! Its all about their images, their careers...they dont give a shit about people starving or the percent of homlessness happening in America.

We spend millions and millions of dollars on movies and fun, trips and sports. We idolize the wrong people! I CAN TELL YOU WHO REALLY DESERVES FAME AND FORTUNE! TODAYS TEACHERS AND DOCTORS! TODAYS MINISTERS! TODAYS NON-PROFITERS, VOLUNTEERS AND SAINTS...if they're still to be found. They've been done wrong and persecuted, thrown in the dirt and stolen from by our own Government!

Americans are lazy and spoiled...WE WILL GET WHATS COMING TO US, UNLESS WE TAKE THE STEPS TO CHANGE."
I think the same things constantly. I would have said it the same way. I know those who do good can still be found, but they're a dying breed. I am one of those people. I build my life around helping others.


What frustrates me is the fact that so many people think that helping other people is too much work. What they don't realize is that they don't have to be mean to not help others. I'm not saying ignore people. I'm just saying you don't have to make fun of someone because they have terets, but you don't have to go all out and do every single thing for them. It would be nice if you did, but what would that do to them. It would stunt them. You woulb be setting them up for failure in the real world. by doing that, you might be nice to them, but you're not helping them. There is a difference.


Anyways, I volunteer a lot. I love to help out, and I know they love to have help. I love tutoring. It is something that uses my intelligence and satisfies my desire to help others. Sure, sometimes I get frustrated because no matter how hard you try they STILL don't understand, but that's not my point.


My point is, "You don't need to bully, but you don't need to cater. There is a middle ground."

2 comments:

  1. The bravest thing a person can do is stand up against a bully. Going along is for the weak and unimaginative. If you really want to be cool, don't do what seems to be popular, do what seems to be right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susu for my next blog topic.

    ReplyDelete